It’s well known file transfer over XenApp isn’t perfect. Worst case scenario is you get disconnected while transferring some files. Before Secure Gateway 3.3.1 release it was even worst. Well there is hope, Citrix just released two private fix to improve file transfer.
According to this Citrix forum post, the server hotfix XA650R01W2K8R2X64055 and the client side hotfix Receiver 3.4 CU1 fix the slow file transfer issue.
You will gain a speed boost but sadly it won’t be as fast as RDP 7 or 8.
These two hotfixes can only be downloaded if you contact Citrix for now. They will probably be released as limited hotfix in the next days.
Afin de simplifier la migration de Windows 2003 à Windows 2008 R2 ou simplement de se débarasser des profils itinérants, Citrix Profile Management peut être très pratique.
Avant l’installation de Citrix Profile Manager sur Windows 2003, Important d’installer les correctifs suivant:
A very nice announcement from Citrix this week.
The Citrix Diagnostic Toolkit is a collection of applications and utilities used for troubleshooting commonly reported problems. C.D.T. includes execution scripts created specifically to automate tasks that a support engineer would have a customer perform to generate data files used to determine root cause of a problem report.
What is included ?
|CDF Control (installed by default)
||Wireshark (use options menu)
|Citrix Dump Checker (installed by default)
||Dump Configurator (installed by default)
|Medevac (installed by default)
||7-Zip (installed by default)
|Citrix System Dump Utility (installed by default)
||Procdump (use download menu)
|Multipoint trace scripts (installed by default)
||Process Explorer (use download menu)
|IMA Helper Tool (installed by default)
||Process Monitor (use download menu)
|Citrix Quick Launch 3 (installed by default)
||Debug View (use download menu)
So on my mark, set, ready, DEBUG !
Citrix Synergy Barcelona 2012 was launched today! You can follow the event live here. I strongly suggest you watch at least the Opening Key Note which will be held tomorow at 10:30 AM CEST. This is the session where Citrix unveil all their new innovations, a must see!
The session is usually watchable on CitrixTV after the event. Enjoy!
Citrix has released a new version of their Receiver for Windows (3.3.100). This version contains many interesting bug fixes, I suggest you read the release notes
Since this is a limited version, I recommend that you test this update before deploying it in a production environment. You need to login to your MyCitrix account to download this update.
Ever wonder why the PNAgent within a published desktop lose network connectivity when the service Network List Service and/or the Network Location Awareness are stopped? Well even if Citrix recommends disabling these two services, it was not possible until now! They just released a new version of their Online Plug-in (12.3.200) who allegedly fix this annoying issue. Here’s the complete changelog:
1. With Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 11.3 installed on the endpoint device, Flash content cannot be redirected to be rendered on the client; instead, the content is rendered on the server.
To enable this fix in its entirety, you must install both a client hotfix that contains Fix #LA2283, and
- For XenApp: an HDX Flash hotfix that contains Fix #LA2283 (see CTX134524 for XenApp 4.5, 5.0 and 6.0 x64 & CTX134426 for XenApp 6.5)
- For XenDesktop: a Virtual Desktop Agent hotfix that contains Fix #LA2283 (Still private)
2. With Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 11.4 installed on the endpoint device, Flash content cannot be redirected to be rendered on the client; instead, the content is rendered on the server.
To enable this fix in its entirety, you must install both a client hotfix that contains Fix #LA2565, and
- For XenApp: an HDX Flash hotfix that contains Fix #LA2565 (see CTX134524 for XenApp 4.5, 5.0 and 6.0 x64 & CTX134426 for XenApp 6.5)
- For XenDesktop: a Virtual Desktop Agent hotfix that contains Fix #LA2565 (Still private)
- On occasion seamless application windows become topmost, preventing users from switching to local application windows.
- Minimizing the session window from the Desktop Viewer (CDViewer.exe) can cause CDViewer.exe to utilize up to 100% of the CPU, and attempts to restore the session window fail.
- Disabling the Network List Service and/or the Network Location Awareness service as described in Knowledge Center article CTX131577 causes Version 12.3 of the online plug-in to lose connectivity.